25 Quotes About Nature That Will Inspire You to Get Outside
The beauty of this planet has been inspiring great minds for centuries. Here, a selection of our favorite quotes about nature.
Nature speaks to us all the time. Whether through a soft breeze, a scattering of rain, or a crashing wave, the beauty of this planet is impossible to ignore—especially for those willing to get quiet and listen.
Mother Nature has been stirring the imaginations of human beings for as long as we've had the privilege. Sometimes, it's helpful to remember that a trip to the woods (or even an open door) can be all we need to cultivate peace, connection, and inspiration.
Here, 25 of the best nature quotes that may inspire you to get outside.
25 Quotes About Nature
1. Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. –Khalil Gibran
2. Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished. –Lao Tzu
3. The sea is a desert of waves, a wilderness of water. –Langston Hughes
4. Nature is so powerful, so strong. Capturing its essence is not easy—your work becomes a dance with light and the weather. It takes you to a place within yourself. –Annie Leibovitz
5. You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming. –Pablo Neruda
6. The earth laughs in flowers. –Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. To be whole. To be complete. Wildness reminds us what it means to be human, what we are connected to rather than what we are separate from. –Terry Tempest Williams
8. Sweet life continues in the breeze, in the golden fields. –Jack Kerouac
9. Like music and art, love of nature is a common language that can transcend political or social boundaries. –Jimmy Carter
10. How strange that nature does not knock, and yet does not intrude! –Emily Dickinson.
11. There are always flowers for those who want to see them. –Henri Matisse
12. Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads. –Henry David Thoreau
13. Around me the trees stir in their leaves and call out, "Stay awhile." –Mary Oliver
14. We don’t inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children. –Native American Proverb
15. The antidote to exhaustion isn’t rest. It’s nature. –Shikoba
16. The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature. –Joseph Campbell
17. The earth is what we all have in common. –Wendell Berry
18. I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, ‘This is what it is to be happy. –Sylvia Plath
19. In nature, nothing is perfect and everything is perfect. Trees can be contorted, bent in weird ways, and they're still beautiful. –Alice Walker
20. Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts. –Rachel Carson
21. And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul. –John Muir
22. I never knew the world was full of so many beautiful, natural sounds. I've ignored them my entire life, but not now. –Haruki Murakami
23. Nature is the art of God. –Dante Alighieri
24. Preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known. –Carl Sagan
25. Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. –Gary Snyder
10 Heartwarming Nature Documentaries to Add to Your Must-Watch List
Cancel your weekend plans. These must-watch nature documentaries are insightful, funny, informative, and inspiring.
5 Must-Read Books and Articles About Intersectional Environmentalism
We all share a passion for bettering ourselves and bettering the world. Let’s leverage the eco-friendly and sustainable living community to learn, create positive social change and move our world and culture forward. There is power in collective action.
You Need to Follow These Five Environmental Influencers Right Now
Want to follow some inspirational environmental influencers on Instagram but aren't sure where to start? We got you.