If there’s anything more fun than pizza, it’s gotta be cheesy stuffed pizza rolls. While the OG version is hard to beat, these veggie-packed vegan pizza rolls are tasty, fun, and will most definitely remind you of your favorite after-school snack.
Tabitha Brown, a vegan food blogger and actress, always offers comfort and joy to her followers through her plant-based recipes and warm personality. This time around, she shared her secret to turning your favorite pizza into a bite-sized snack. “My son was like, ‘Mom, I want pizza tonight.’ But then I thought, ‘I want a pizza roll.’ So I figured I’d make some with ya’ll,” she says.
Aside from being delicious, these vegan pizza rolls are also a simple way to use up any extra veggies you have in your fridge. They can also be customized to your preferences, and are completely freezer-friendly. Make a big batch now, then snack on ’em later. Here’s how to make Tabitha Brown’s vegan pizza rolls.
Vegan Pizza Rolls
Red bell pepper
Yellow bell pepper
Salt-free onion and herb seasoning
Tomato sauce of choice
Egg roll wrappers
1. Chop up the white mushroom, red and yellow bell peppers, black olives, pineapple, and red onion.
2. Add olive oil to a large frying pan and bring to medium heat.
3. Sauté the chopped veggies and add a few shakes of salt-free onion and herb seasoning and garlic powder.
4. After a few minutes, add in the chopped spinach and mix together the ingredients.
5. Add in your choice of tomato sauce (marinara, pizza, or spaghetti sauce). Just enough to add flavor.
6. On the side, prepare and egg roll. Make sure it’s damp.
7. Place vegan mozzarella in the center of the egg roll.
8. Take some of the sautéed veggie mix and place on top of the mozzarella.
9. Roll ends of the egg roll like a burrito, and brush on some olive oil to the outside.
10. Put rolls in the air fryer at 370ºF for 15 minutes. Check halfway through the timer to see the crispiness of the rolls. If they’re starting to turn brown, take them out of the air fryer early to avoid burning.
11. Wait for the rolls to cool. Enjoy!
Hey there! Want to help us change the world every day through easy, achievable, eco-friendly tips and tricks? Sign up for the Brightly Spot and join our movement of over a million changemakers.