Whether you’re running errands or grabbing brunch with your friends, a cute sneaker is nothing short of a wardrobe staple. But while there are plenty of different types to choose from, it can still be hard to find something that’s planet-friendly.
If you’re in the market for a new eco-friendly sneaker, you’re in luck! A group of our Scouts recently tried out Vionic’s eco-friendly sneakers—and they had a lot to say.
What Is Vionic?
Vionic Shoes was established in 1979 by podiatrist Philip Vasyli. He had a passion for making orthotic treatments more affordable and accessible for those who needed pain relief.
This led to the creation of an award-winning Orthaheel orthotic, the only true orthotic available without a doctor’s prescription. This laid the groundwork for the stylish and supportive footwear that Vionic is known for today.
Each pair of Vionic shoes, sandals, and slippers has three-zone comfort with ultimate arch support. They provide cushioning for the ball of the foot, support for the arch, and stability for the heel, all while looking super stylish.
Want to try Vionic yourself? Click here and use the code BRIGHTLY at checkout for free shipping!
Vionic’s Beach Line is great for conscious consumers. Like the rest of Vionic’s sneakers, these shoes have three-zone comfort with ultimate arch support, but they’re made with planet-friendly materials.
The sustainable outsole is constructed of 80% rubber and 20% soybean compound, while the uppers are made from eco-conscious canvas fabric with natural material. They’re also certified vegan, ensuring no animals were harmed in the making of the shoes.
Something that’s also really cool about the shoes is that they’re machine washable. If they get dirty, all you have to do is throw them in the washer. This will keep them looking good as new for years to come.
Aside from selling great shoes, Vionic is dedicated to leading the reduction of their industry’s carbon footprint and contributing to the health of the planet. The company has recently donated to organizations like Proteus and Global Green.
Our Scouts were given the opportunity to try out Vionic’s Pismo Casual Sneaker from the Beach Line. These shoes have eco-certified cotton canvas or waffle knit uppers. Read on to find out what they thought!
What Our Scouts Thought:
- “The shoes were super cute, the packaging met my sustainable standards, shipping was fast, the shoes are extremely comfortable, and there are so many color options!” —Grace Campbell
- “I absolutely love the feel. When I put them on, it felt like I was stepping onto a pillow. The inside is lined with a super soft terry cloth liner and the arch is incredibly soft and supportive.” —Hannah B.
- “The shape and form of the sole was so comfortable and I loved the ease of slipping it on.” —Christina Brown
- “They clearly understand comfort and fashion when it comes to shoes, and sustainability is a huge plus!” —Sarah Steiker
- “I really liked how well my shoes held up in the rain. I didn’t have to deal with soggy socks after walking around, even though I was almost sure of it that they wouldn’t be fit for the rain.” —Sara Collins
Things to Work On
While our Scouts loved their Vionic shoes, no product is perfect and they also had some feedback.
What Our Scouts Thought:
- “The soles moved around a lot inside the shoe.” —Ciara Fitts
- “I didn’t like the way the soles are arranged at first, but I eventually adapted to them.” —Sara Collins
- “I wish there was more support for the ball of my foot.” —Kaitlyn Zavesky
(Disclaimer: We did not pay any of our Scouts to review these products, but they did receive the products for free. Join our Scouts program if you want the chance to participate in the next product drop!)
Hey there! Want to help us change the world every day through easy, achievable, eco-friendly tips and tricks? Sign up for the Brightly Spot and join our movement of over a million changemakers.