What’s not to love about pizza? It’s full of flavor and topped with ooey-gooey cheese. But get this: If you’re looking for a vegan pizza bread recipe that’s more planet-friendly than traditional options, we’ve got you covered with an option you can make in 20 minutes using six simple ingredients.
Making sustainable swaps in the kitchen—such as trading animal-derived products for plant-based ones—can significantly decrease your carbon and water footprints. Plus, according to registered dietitians, plant-based eating can have a positive impact on both the environment and your health.
If you’re looking to try more vegan recipes, but you’re afraid of compromising taste, start with this delicious vegan pizza bread. According to Danielle Brown, the recipe developer behind @healthygirlkitchen, this recipe is “life-changing.” And by the looks of it… we couldn’t agree more.
This vegan pizza bread recipe is easy to make and 100% plant-based, so you’re automatically cutting out the environmental footprint a typical cheese pizza comes with. Brown also says it’s also “one of the easiest appetizers to impress guests.” Here’s how to make it, according to Brown’s tutorial.
Vegan Pizza Bread Recipe
1 store-bought pizza dough
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning and herbs
1 jar pizza sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 450°F.
2. Start with your store-bought pizza dough and cut it into pieces. Brown recommends cutting it into 13 pieces.
3. Next, add a piece of vegan mozzarella to the center of each dough ball and roll so the cube of mozzarella is hidden in the dough.
4. Place the dough balls onto a pizza pan or baking sheet, like the reusable Silpat, and leave space between each one. In the spaces, add more vegan mozzarella for cheesy goodness!
5. Combine your olive oil and Italian herbs, then brush it over the dough balls.
6. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes.
7. When you’re ready to serve, top the pizza bread with fresh basil and add a side of pizza sauce for dipping.
8. Serve and enjoy your yummy, vegan pizza bread appetizer!
Hey there! Want to help us change the world every day through easy, achievable, eco-friendly tips and tricks? Sign up for the Brightly Spot and join our movement of over a million changemakers.