Looking for winter jackets can be daunting! There are so many different styles, materials, and colors to choose from.
With all the different options available, it can be hard to choose something you love. But according to our Scouts, there’s really only one brand you need: Save the Duck.
What’s Save the Duck?
Save the Duck was launched in 2012 with a strong commitment to create a product respectful of animals, the environment, and people. They specialize in sustainable outerwear—including coats, jackets, vests, and athleisure—for women, men, juniors, and even pets.
They’re the first Italian fashion company to receive B Corp certification, and their values include respecting animals, caring for people, and loving nature. Their jackets are OEKO-TEX certified and the company releases an annual sustainability report displaying its progress and goals for the upcoming year.
Want 10% off your order? Click here and use the code BRIGHTLY at checkout!
Save the Duck created PLUMTECH, a padding that imitates the fluffiness of down while also preserving the advantages of technological thermal lining. This material allows their jackets to be 100% animal-free and is breathable, waterproof, plume-free, and quick-drying.
Our Scouts were given the opportunity to test out select products from the Save the Duck’s Women’s Recycled Collection, which is made from Recycled PLUMTECH. The padding is made from polyester fiber that’s entirely produced from recycled materials, including plastic bottles.
Read on to find out what our Scouts thought of their recycled jackets from Save the Duck!
What Our Scouts Thought:
- “I really like this jacket and I know it can keep me warm, which is exactly what I need for the Connecticut winters!” —Mary Olmsted
- “I love that all shipments are carbon neutral and the jacket itself is made without any material derived from animals, such as feathers, leather or fur.” —Danielle Schroeder
- “I liked how it came with an extra zipper in case I need to repair mine.” —Ciara Fitts
- “The biggest thing I learned is that it’s possible to have something that feels and warms like down without hurting any ducks. That’s huge for me.” —Brandy Wilcox
Things to Work On
While our Scouts had plenty of good things to say about Save the Duck, they also had some feedback on the fit of the products they received.
What Our Scouts Thought:
- “I wish it was a little longer on me since I’m taller, but I’m sure they make another style that’s longer.” —Alexis Amundson
- “The fit of this jacket was not ideal for a thinner frame because of the boxy/loose fit of the coat. I ordered an XS and would have loved it to be a slimmer fit. But despite this, I’ll still be enjoying wearing it this winter.” —Hannah B.
- “The only thing I disliked is the hood. Since it’s a bit fluffier, the hood comes up around my head and at times makes it hard to see behind and next to me.” —Brandy Wilcox
(Disclaimer: We did not pay any of our Scouts to review these products, but they did receive the products for free. Join our Scouts program if you want the chance to participate in the next product drop!)
Hey there! Want to help us change the world every day through easy, achievable, eco-friendly tips and tricks? Sign up for the Brightly Spot and join our movement of over a million changemakers.