Every day it seems like there’s a new recipe on TikTok to be obsessed with. Today, that recipe is pasta sticks.
If you’re wondering what pasta sticks are, the dish is exactly what it sounds like. Created by Danielle Brown, the recipe developer behind Healthy Girl Kitchen, making it simply involves putting your cooked pasta of choice on a reusable skewer, then adding your toppings. In this case, that’s marinara sauce and vegan mozzarella cheese.
After you pop your pasta sticks in the oven and allow the cheese to melt, you have a dish that tastes like all of your favorite things. “They honestly remind me of pizza and pasta combined,” Brown says. Serve them up for dinner, or serve them as an appetizer for a gathering with friends or family. Either way, you’ll want to make them over and over again.
Want to try this pasta sticks recipe for yourself? Here’s how Brown says to go about it, step by step.
Vegan Pasta Sticks
What you’ll need:
Your favorite pasta (like rigatoni or penne)
Shredded vegan cheese
1. Bring a pot of water to boil. Once your water is hot enough, add your pasta of choice to the water.
2. Once your pasta is al dente, give it a quick rinse under some cool water.
3. When it’s cool enough to touch, start stacking the pasta onto your skewers.
4. Line up your pasta sticks on a baking sheet.
5. Grab your marinara sauce. Go with a classic tomato, or an arrabbiata if you like it spicy.
6. Carefully pour the sauce over the pasta, add your cheese, then finish with a sprinkle of oregano.
7. Bake them in the oven until the cheese is ooey-gooey goodness, then enjoy!
Hey there! Want to help us change the world every day through easy, achievable, eco-friendly tips and tricks? Sign up for the Brightly Spot and join our movement of over a million changemakers.