Brightly uses social commerce, community, and content to ignite change. Our platform inspires action via ethical lifestyle content, features thousands of sustainable products from ethical brands and connects over 2M eco-conscious consumers to one another every single day. We’re a discovery and community destination that reaches across web, mobile (we have iOS and Android apps in public beta) and social channels. Our podcast, Good Together, has been recognized as Apple’s #1 pick for conscious consumers… 3 times in a row. Come help us reach our goal of millions of Brightly conscious consumers by the end of the year and work on award-winning community experiences that inspire people to create change, every day.
We’re searching for a sustainability-minded video content creator to help scale our social media reach. Deep understanding of all things social media and creating viral video content comes naturally to you and you’re constantly up-to-date with what’s trending in the eco-sphere and across social media. You have a passion for the planet and it shows up in your drive to scale impact-driven businesses.
About Our Team
Brightly was founded by two co-founders: Laura Wittig (our CEO) with a background in product management at places like Google, Adobe & Sephora and Liza Moiseeva (our CMO) a former founder of subscription and discovery products like GlobeIn. Read more about their journey founding Brightly in TechCrunch.
Our team is globally distributed so you should be comfortable with working actively with folks in different timezones, though we are technically headquartered in Seattle, WA!
About The Role
* Film, create, and upload best-in-class video content
* Produce an award winning podcast (help book guests, send audio files to editor, provide thoughtful strategy and insights)
* Identify and create new trends related to eco-friendly living, sustainability, and more
* Meet follower growth KPIs without decreasing engagement levels on our social accounts
* You have experience creating high-performing video content, specifically for TikTok and Instagram Reels
* You go deep on social media. You have experience with all platforms, love staying on top of new trends, and are always down to try new things.
* You are an experienced video content creator and not afraid of being in front of the camera (in fact, you kinda love it!)
* You know everything about TikTok and Instagram and (ideally) YouTube as well.
* An interest in podcasts and audio production
* You’re a self-starter with the ability to operate in a collaborative, quickly-changing environment.
* You’re curious and always willing to try new things.
* You’re a team player, willing to roll up your sleeves and hop in on any project.
* You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* You’ve got that rare combination of attention to detail, but you’re a really creative-thinker at heart.
* You have stellar organizational skills and the ability to project manage against deadlines.
* BONUS POINTS if you have your own social media account with 10K followers or have managed an account with 50K+ followers before.
What We’re Looking For
Peer mentorship: When you have expertise in a domain, you value sharing your experience with your teammates to help them become more productive. When others have experience in a domain, you are eager to learn from them.
Self-directed: We are a highly collaborative team that loves congregating at the whiteboard (or more recently on Zoom), but it’s critical that you are able to dive into a complex system and be productive with limited guidance.
Pragmatic and business-oriented: You understand and prioritize the business impact of what you’re building, and aim to reduce scope where appropriate.
Easy to disagree with: Smart people disagree all the time. When you disagree with your teammate, you view it as an opportunity to have your mind changed and grow. These conversations are one of the best parts about working on our team.
Bonus: you have understanding and experience working with startups with both localized and remote teams, but namely the fast pivoting nature and importance of stakeholder’s visions.
Please include a link to your portfolio and/or social media account(s). Applications without a portfolio won’t be considered.
Details: The position is remote. All candidates should be based in North America and willing to work Pacific Standard Time hours. Brightly is headquartered in Seattle, WA. Compensation includes salary and equity.