Brightly uses social commerce, community, and content to ignite change. Our platform inspires action via ethical lifestyle content, features thousands of sustainable products from ethical brands and connects over 2M eco-conscious consumers to one another every single day. We’re a discovery and community destination that reaches across web, mobile (we have iOS and Android apps in public beta) and social channels. Our podcast, Good Together, has been recognized as Apple’s #1 pick for conscious consumers… 3 times in a row. Come help us reach our goal of millions of Brightly conscious consumers by the end of the year and work on award-winning community experiences that inspire people to create change, every day.
We’re searching for a sustainability-minded, commerce-focused creator to help scale our media revenue operations. The ideal candidate is comfortable curating a roundup of eco-products, ideating on affiliate strategy, while simultaneously managing relationships with brand partners to scale our reach in a collaborative fashion. Performance-based and clever copywriting comes naturally to you and you’re constantly up-to-date with what’s trending in the eco-sphere. You have a passion for the planet and it shows up in your drive to scale impact-driven businesses.
Our team is globally distributed so you should be comfortable with working actively with folks abroad and / or in different timezones, though we are technically headquartered in Seattle, WA!
- Own, implement, and execute affiliate marketing and display ads strategy for Brightly.eco
- Maintain relationships with brand partners relating to affiliate marketing, sponsored content opportunities
- Own project management of sponsored content across the Brightly ecosystems, produce written content as part of packages
- Brainstorm new sponsored content partnership opportunities and pitch directly to brands, alongside founder and head of commerce
- Write and publish 2+ commerce stories per day that includes shop products and affiliate links
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in content creation, affiliate strategy, sponsored content, brand relationships
- Conversion-optimized copywriting experience for e-commerce brands
- Experience running and monetizing your own blog (side hustles welcome!)
- Expertise using Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets to capture and analyze data
- Hands-on experience using Airtable, Notion, or a similar system for project management and tracking
- Knowledge of Shopify and/or WordPress as CMS systems
What We’re Looking For
- Peer mentorship: When you have expertise in a domain, you value sharing your experience with your teammates to help them become more productive. When others have experience in a domain, you are eager to learn from them.
- Self-directed: We are a highly collaborative team that loves congregating at the whiteboard (or more recently on Zoom), but it’s critical that you are able to dive into a complex system and be productive with limited guidance.
- Pragmatic and business-oriented: You understand and prioritize the business impact of what you’re building, and aim to reduce scope where appropriate.
- Easy to disagree with: Smart people disagree all the time. When you disagree with your teammate, you view it as an opportunity to have your mind changed and grow. These conversations are one of the best parts about working on our team.
Bonus: You have understanding and experience working with startups with both localized and remote teams, but namely the fast pivoting nature and importance of stakeholders vision.
Details: The position is remote. All candidates should be based in North America and willing to work Pacific Standard Time hours. Brightly is headquartered in Seattle, WA. Compensation includes salary and equity.