Brightly uses social commerce, community, and content to ignite change. Our platform inspires action via ethical lifestyle content, features thousands of sustainable products from ethical brands and connects over 3M eco-conscious consumers to one another every single day. We’re a discovery and community destination that reaches across web, mobile and social channels. Our podcast, Good Together, has been recognized as Apple’s #1 pick for conscious consumers… 6 times in a row. Come help us reach our goal of millions of Brightly conscious consumers by the end of the year and work on award-winning community experiences that inspire people to create change, every day.
We’re searching for a sustainability-minded email and SMS marketer to help scale our marketing operations. The ideal candidate is comfortable executing cross-channel marketing initiatives across email, social, and digital surfaces while simultaneously crafting creative, exciting calls to action. Performance-based and clever copywriting comes naturally to you and you’re constantly up-to-date with what’s trending in the eco-sphere. You have a passion for the planet and it shows up in your drive to scale impact-driven businesses.
About Our Team
Brightly was founded by Laura Wittig (our CEO) with a background in product management at places like Google, Adobe & Sephora. Our team is comprised of industry veterans from places like Uber, Well+Good, Food52, and more.
Our team is globally distributed so you should be comfortable with working actively with folks abroad and / or in different timezones, though we are technically headquartered in Seattle, WA!
About The Role
You will own the email and SMS channels at Brightly, from design and copywriting to segmentation and reporting. You will collaborate with designers and our content team to ensure best practices are being met, but you’re capable of handling the day-to-day execution without assistance. (50%)
You will own the marketing copywriting needs across the company, driving conversion-optimized copy for landing pages, product descriptions, and other marketing collateral (30%)
You will collaborate across the company with our e-commerce, content, and social teams to ensure our marketing strategy aligns from a seasonal and relevancy perspective (10%)
You will research new trends, test new channels, and help us optimize our omnichannel approach for conversion (10%)
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant work experience in email marketing, digital marketing, site merchandising or copywriting for an e-commerce or content company
- Klaviyo experience, plus experience building HTML emails and editing graphics in Canva, Photoshop, or similar software
- Expertise using Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets to capture and analyze data
- Hands-on experience using Airtable, Notion, or a similar system for project management and tracking
- Knowledge of Shopify and/or WordPress as CMS systems
What We’re Looking For
- Plan, coordinate, and schedule digital marketing campaigns across email, SMS, website
- Manage campaign content and design, planning, execution as well as reporting on individual campaign results and trends
- Continually optimize marketing campaigns for performance through frequent testing and data analysis, documentation, sharing best practices, and providing recommendations for next steps
- Support last-minute and ad-hoc email, marketing campaigns
- Monitor KPIs of email and marketing campaigns and actively adjust test campaigns to improve performance
- Improve and recommend target audience segments based on communication objectives and past performance
- Strong ownership mentality: As the owner of your channels at Brightly, you realize that success depends on your ability to execute in an ever-changing, exciting, ambiguous environment.
- Peer mentorship: When you have expertise in a domain, you value sharing your experience with your teammates to help them become more productive. When others have experience in a domain, you are eager to learn from them.
- Self-directed: We are a highly collaborative team that loves congregating at the whiteboard (or more recently on Zoom), but it’s critical that you are able to dive into a complex system and be productive with limited guidance.
- Pragmatic and business-oriented: You understand and prioritize the business impact of what you’re building, and aim to reduce scope where appropriate.
- Easy to disagree with: Smart people disagree all the time. When you disagree with your teammate, you view it as an opportunity to have your mind changed and grow. These conversations are one of the best parts about working on our team.
- Bonus: you have understanding and experience working with startups with both localized and remote teams, but namely the fast pivoting nature involved.
Details: The position is remote. All candidates should be based in North America and willing to work Pacific Standard Time hours. Brightly is headquartered in Seattle, WA. Compensation includes salary and equity.
Job Category: Marketing Job Type: Full Time Job Location: Remote, Seattle