Brightly’s mission is to change the world through conscious consumerism. We empower thousands of millennial and Gen Z women through incredible content and connections focused on eco-friendly living and sustainability.
We’re searching for the perfect planet champion to help scale our editorial team. We’ve been recognized as a leading voice in the sustainability and eco-conscious space and we reach thousands of Gen Z and millennial women every day. Our podcast, Good Together, has been recognized as Apple’s #1 pick for conscious consumers… 3 times in a row. Come help us reach our goal of a million Brightly conscious consumers by the end of the year and work on award-winning content that inspires people to create change, every day.
- Research + source information for upcoming articles + podcast episodes
- Listen and provide editing notes for podcast episodes
- Edit and input articles into WordPress CMS
- Assist with editorial calendar management and freelance writer intake
- Curate eco-friendly products, research ethical brand standards
- Occasionally create social media graphics with user-friendly graphic design software
- 1+ year of editorial experience, recent university graduate
- Love for podcasts and audio content
- Excitement about sustainability + eco-friendly living
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, flexible startup environment
About this job:
You will work with the direction of the content team to create articles, show notes and episode plans that are in line with editorial + podcast best practices and brand guidelines, and iterate based on the performance of past episodes and articles
We’ll have you work closely with our broader team for content ideation and creation, including participating in brainstorm sessions and revamping copy for social handles.
TLDR: You will enable our content organization to scale from a reach of thousands to a reach of millions by crafting authentic, unique, and inspiring articles and podcast episodes.
You’re a remarkable, resourceful, and adaptable writer. You’re a dreamer. And a curious and organized self-starter. You believe in our mission, have fresh ideas, and are excited to implement them on a nimble platform. You love collaborating with a team but are also focused enough to lead the charge on your own. You want to work in a small but exciting start-up environment and help build something huge with us.
This position is remote and full time. Salary DOE. All candidates should be based in North America and willing to work Pacific Standard Time hours. Brightly is headquartered in Seattle, WA.