Brightly uses social commerce, community, and content to ignite change. Our platform inspires action via ethical lifestyle content, features thousands of sustainable products from ethical brands and connects over 2M eco-conscious consumers to one another every single day. We’re a discovery and community destination that reaches across web, mobile (we have iOS and Android apps in public beta) and social channels. Our podcast, Good Together, has been recognized as Apple’s #1 pick for conscious consumers… 3 times in a row. Come help us reach our goal of millions of Brightly conscious consumers by the end of the year and work on award-winning community experiences that inspire people to create change, every day.
We’re searching for a sustainability-minded marketer to help scale our marketing and partnerships operations. The ideal candidate is comfortable executing cross-channel marketing initiatives across email, social, and digital surfaces while simultaneously managing relationships with brand partners or influencers to scale our reach in a collaborative fashion. Performance-based and clever copywriting comes naturally to you and you’re constantly up-to-date with what’s trending in the eco-sphere. You have a passion for the planet and it shows up in your drive to scale impact-driven businesses.
About Our Team
Brightly was founded by two co-founders: Laura Wittig (our CEO) with a background in product management at places like Google, Adobe & Sephora and Liza Moiseeva (our CMO) a former founder of subscription and discovery products like GlobeIn. Read more about their journey founding Brightly in TechCrunch.
Our team is globally distributed so you should be comfortable with working actively with folks abroad and / or in different timezones, though we are technically headquartered in Seattle, WA!
About The Role
- You will own the email and SMS channels at Brightly, from design and copywriting to segmentation and reporting. You will collaborate with designers and our content team to ensure best practices are being met, but you’re capable of handling the day-to-day execution without assistance. (50%)
- You’ll assist our partnerships lead with paid media placement and help ensure our brand partners succeed by utilizing project management, sales, and data-entry skills (20%)
- You will work with influencers, creators, and brands to create buzz around campaigns, and you’ll own the entire process from start to finish: identification of strategic partners, product placement, and reporting. (20%)
- You will collaborate across the company with our e-commerce, content, and social teams to ensure our marketing strategy aligns from a seasonal and relevancy perspective (10%)
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in email marketing, digital marketing, site merchandising or influencer campaigns
- ActiveCampaign or Klaviyo experience, plus experience building HTML emails and editing graphics in Canva, Photoshop, or similar software
- Expertise using Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets to capture and analyze data
- Hands-on experience using Airtable, Notion, or a similar system for project management and tracking
- Knowledge of Shopify and/or WordPress as CMS systems
What We’re Looking For
- Plan, coordinate, and schedule digital marketing campaigns across email, mobile apps, website
- Manage campaign content and design, planning, execution as well as reporting on individual campaign results and trends
- Continually optimize marketing campaigns for performance through frequent testing and data analysis, documentation, sharing best practices, and providing recommendations for next steps
- Support last-minute and ad-hoc email, marketing, and influencer campaigns
- Monitor KPIs of email and marketing campaigns and actively adjust test campaigns to improve performance • Improve and recommend target audience segments based on communication objectives and past performance
- Peer mentorship: When you have expertise in a domain, you value sharing your experience with your teammates to help them become more productive. When others have experience in a domain, you are eager to learn from them.
- Self-directed: We are a highly collaborative team that loves congregating at the whiteboard (or more recently on Zoom), but it’s critical that you are able to dive into a complex system and be productive with limited guidance.
- Pragmatic and business-oriented: You understand and prioritize the business impact of what you’re building, and aim to reduce scope where appropriate.
- Easy to disagree with: Smart people disagree all the time. When you disagree with your teammate, you view it as an opportunity to have your mind changed and grow. These conversations are one of the best parts about working on our team.
- Bonus: you have understanding and experience working with Start Ups with both localized and remote teams, but namely the fast pivoting nature and importance of stakeholders vision.
The position is remote. All candidates should be based in North America and willing to work Pacific Standard Time hours. Brightly is headquartered in Seattle, WA. Compensation includes salary and equity.