Brightly uses social commerce, community, and content to ignite change. Our platform inspires action via ethical lifestyle content, features thousands of sustainable products from ethical brands and connects over 2M eco-conscious consumers to one another every single day. We’re a discovery and community destination that reaches across web, mobile (we have iOS and Android apps in public beta) and social channels. Our podcast, Good Together, has been recognized as Apple’s #1 pick for conscious consumers… 3 times in a row. Come help us reach our goal of millions of Brightly conscious consumers by the end of the year and work on award-winning community experiences that inspire people to create change, every day.
We’re searching for a sustainability-minded marketer to help scale our marketing and partnerships operations. The ideal candidate is comfortable executing cross-channel marketing initiatives across email, social, and digital surfaces while simultaneously managing relationships with brand partners or influencers to scale our reach in a collaborative fashion. Performance-based and clever copywriting comes naturally to you and you’re constantly up-to-date with what’s trending in the eco-sphere. You have a passion for the planet and it shows up in your drive to scale impact-driven businesses.
About Our Team
Brightly was founded by two co-founders: Laura Wittig (our CEO) with a background in product management at places like Google, Adobe & Sephora and Liza Moiseeva (our CMO) a former founder of subscription and discovery products like GlobeIn. Read more about their journey founding Brightly in TechCrunch.
Our team is globally distributed so you should be comfortable with working actively with folks in different timezones, though we are technically headquartered in Seattle, WA!
About The Role
- Work with our team to help develop the overall strategy, roadmap, and performance benchmarks for how we work with partners.
- Cultivate and manage partner relationships
- Identify, scope, and pitch brand-new partnerships with Fortune 500 companies and small, new sustainable brands alike
- You have 3+ years of experience in developing strategic & marketing partnerships both big and small. (Extra credit if you have worked in the sustainability space before.)
- You’ve got proven experience working with major consumer brands plus maintaining and growing those relationships.
- You’re an awesome communicator and collaborator internally.
- You’re a next-level networker and presenter externally, too.
- You love developing a great proposal and are excited about closing deals.
- You pride yourself on being a particularly creative business problem solver.
- You’ve got a deep understanding of industry trends and a strong belief about what the future holds.
- You’re very comfortable with data, metrics, measurement, and analytics.
- You’re deeply passionate about our mission and can become one of the greatest champions of our vision.
What We’re Looking For
- Peer mentorship: When you have expertise in a domain, you value sharing your experience with your teammates to help them become more productive. When others have experience in a domain, you are eager to learn from them.
- Self-directed: We are a highly collaborative team that loves congregating at the whiteboard (or more recently on Zoom), but it’s critical that you are able to dive into a complex system and be productive with limited guidance.
- Pragmatic and business-oriented: You understand and prioritize the business impact of what you’re building, and aim to reduce scope where appropriate.
- Easy to disagree with: Smart people disagree all the time. When you disagree with your teammate, you view it as an opportunity to have your mind changed and grow. These conversations are one of the best parts about working on our team.
- Bonus: you have understanding and experience working with startups with both localized and remote teams, but namely the fast pivoting nature and importance of stakeholder’s visions.
The position is remote. All candidates should be based in North America and willing to work Pacific Standard Time hours. Brightly is headquartered in Seattle, WA. Compensation includes salary and equity.