Sustainable living is a lot easier than you think. Even the smallest changes to your daily routine—like reducing water usage, using reusable grocery bags, and going plastic-free—can help protect this place we’re luckily to call home. For all the hard work you do, we think you deserve a treat—and that’s where these Earth cookies come in.
These plant-based Earth cookies might just be the cutest things we’ve ever seen. Created by Bearenger Petrella, the TikTok user behind the account @bearenger, they use ingredients like nut butter, coconut sugar, and flour to make a dessert that tastes out-of-this-world good. In addition, the pretty blue and green hues come from antioxidant-packed spirulina and matcha, which mimic the Earth’s oceans and land.
Want to give these Earth cookies a try? Here’s exactly how Petrella says to make them.
1 flax egg (1 Tbsp flaxmeal with 3 Tbsp water)
2 Tbsp oil
1/3 cup nut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup coconut sugar
2 cups gluten-free flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1. Mix egg, oil, nut butter, vanilla, and coconut sugar together in a bowl.
2. Add flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Make sure everything is combined, then split the dough into two separate bowls.
4. Add matcha to one bowl and blue spirulina to the other.
5. Grab some of the blue and the green, roll into a ball, and put on a baking sheet.
6. Refrigerate for 20 minutes before baking them at 350ºF for 15 minutes.
Hey there! Want to help us change the world every day through easy, achievable, eco-friendly tips and tricks? Sign up for the Brightly Spot and join our movement of over a million changemakers.