There are few things more frustrating than trying to fold a fitted sheet. No matter how many times you try, it still winds up looking like a mess. But before giving up, scrunching it into a ball, and stuffing it into the linen closet, try this simple tutorial on the best way to fold a fitted sheet.
Alyssa Barber, one of Brightly’s sustainable living pros, shared how to make the process of folding a fitted sheet a little less painstaking in a TikTok video. Not only does it make your life easier, but it also keeps your fitted sheet in good condition. Instead of constantly being stuffed in a drawer, it will stay in tip-top shape for years to come. (Aka no textile recycling needed this time!)
Unlike folding a regular sheet, folding a fitted sheet requires a little extra care in order to get those pesky corners under control. But once you go through the steps below a few times, you’ll have the technique completely mastered. In fact, you’ll wish you would have known this simple method years ago.
Keep reading to learn the best way to fold a fitted sheet, step by step.
The Best Way to Fold a Fitted Sheet
1. Lay your fitted sheet out on a flat surface.
2. Insert your hands into two corners, then fold the sheet in half, taking the two corners your hands are in and tucking them into the two opposing corners.
3. With your sheet now folded in half, take the right side of the sheet and fold it in so it meets the middle.
4. Take the left side and fold it over the right side. Your sheets should now resemble a small rectangle.
5. Take that small rectangle and fold it in half lengthwise.
6. Take one end and fold it so it meets the middle.
7. Fold over once more to make the final square, and voilà—you’ve just mastered the best way to fold a fitted sheet, no frustration necessary.
Hey there! Want to help us change the world every day through easy, achievable, eco-friendly tips and tricks? Sign up for the Brightly Spot and join our movement of over a million changemakers.