Whether it’s for a night out or a day at the office, we can all agree that mascara is a makeup must-have. But if you’re looking to make the switch to something more planet-friendly, it may be difficult to find one that’s budget-friendly and has the right ingredients.
Enter 100% Pure—a brand that’s raising the standard for ingredients. It’s committed to making sure its products are good for you and the planet.
What Is 100% Pure?
100% Pure lives up to its name. It uses all-natural ingredients that are guaranteed pure, naturally pigmented, cruelty-free, and undergo rigorous sourcing processes.
All of 100% Pure’s formulations adhere to strict purity standards and will never contain harsh or toxic ingredients. It also uses all-natural makeup pigments. That’s right—pigments are sourced from fruit, vegetables, tea, cocoa, and minerals. Using these ingredients allows them to avoid using commonly used heavy metal dyes and lakes.
Want a discount on your order? Click here and use the code BRIGHTLY20 at checkout!
100% Pure is committed to animal welfare, meaning it will never test on animals. Its products are 100% certified cruelty-free and it carries many products that are vegan.
With 100% Pure’s core mission being rooted in improving the lives of humans and animals, the brand even partners with inspiring and innovative charities to take action for a healthier, happier global community.
At checkout, each customer has the choice of donating a meal to a shelter dog or planting a tree.
Our Scouts were given the opportunity to test out 100% Pure’s Fruit Pigmented Mascara. This mascara uses ingredients like oat protein to condition hair and skin, wheat protein to strengthen and replenish nutrients, and provitamin B5 to moisturize and strengthen.
Read on to find out what our Scouts thought of the mascara!
What Our Scouts Thought:
- “I loved that this mascara provided length to my lashes while making them look natural! I had no problem with clumping on my lashes.” —Alexis Amundson
- “The color is very nice and compliments my eye color. It’s also easy to take off and doesn’t smear throughout the day. It’s very light and doesn’t clump up.” —Colleen McKeon
- “I would recommend anyone to try this particular product because it smells so good and works great!” —Grace Campbell
- “The product is cruelty-free and uses biodegradable fruit pigments. I love that they plant a tree for every product sold.” —Danielle Schroeder
Things to Work On
While our Scouts had plenty of great things to say about 100% Pure, they also had some feedback.
What Our Scouts Thought:
- “I wish the packing they used to ship was paper and not plastic.” —Kaitlyn Zavesky
- “It would be great if you could return the tubes when they’re empty to ensure proper recycling. I find it hard to know what makeup packaging can/cannot be recycled.” —Assunta Daprano
(Disclaimer: We did not pay any of our Scouts to review these products, but they did receive the products for free. Join our Scouts program if you want the chance to participate in the next product drop!)
Hey there! Want to help us change the world every day through easy, achievable, eco-friendly tips and tricks? Sign up for the Brightly Spot and join our movement of over a million changemakers.